Cherry BarsFrom notyourmomma 8 years ago
- 1 3/4 cup of sugar shopping list
- 1 cup of butter shopping list
- 1 tsp of vanilla shopping list
- 21 ounce can of cherry pie filling shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 3 cups of flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder shopping list
- icing: shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of almond extract shopping list
- 1 to 2 tbsp of milk shopping list
How to make it
- Cream together sugar, butter and vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add flour gradually.
- Pour 2/3 of the batter in greased 11 x 15 jelly roll pan.
- Spread cherry filling over batter.
- Add remaining batter by dropping spoonfuls on top of the cherry mixture.
- Bake at 350. for 25-35 minutes.
- Make icing by mixing the icing ingredients well.
- Drizzle over cooled baked cherry bars.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating3 people
These sounds fabulous. Great post as usual. You have my 5. Keep em coming.chefmeow in Garland loved it
This sounds so easy and delicious, Tina. I love the cherry-almond combination. Thanks, hon - you get a high 5 from me! Hugs, Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
Oh my heavens! This is good, too good! Too good because they are so easy and cherry pie filling is my guilty pleasure! I bought cherry pie filling and could not remember why so did a quick search and found this! I think it's similar to what I origin...moreCosmicmother in Alberta loved it