Sweet Potato FrittersFrom bluewaterandsand 8 years ago
How to make it
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper -- to taste
- In a heavy saucepan or fryer, heat 2 inches of oil to 375 °.
- Grate the sweet potatoes into medium-sized bowl, cover them with
- boiling water and let them stand for 15 minutes.
- Drain off the water and slowly add the flour, egg, salt and pepper,
- stirring to make sure that they are well mixed.
- You should have a thickish paste that will hold its shape when picked up in a tablespoon. If the mixture is too thick, add a bit of warm water. If it is too thin, add a bit more flour.
- Drop the mixture, a few tablespoons at a time, into the hot oil and
- cook the fritters for 3 to 5 minutes, or until they float to the surface,
- turning them once to make sure that they are slightly browned on
- each side. Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot.
People Who Like This Dish 6
- ranc79 Nowhere, Us
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- sunny Portland, OR
- morninlite Kalamazoo, MI
- mumtazcatering Gauteng, ZA
- tuilelaith Columbia, MO
- angieaugusta Adelaide, Australia
- jett2whit Union City, GA
- rosemaryblue CollegeTown
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookbluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
The Rating12 people
wow yes oh yes was lookin for this kind of recipe thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This is absolutely fabulous!! Thanksgreekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Fabulous!! May serve them with a praline sauce! :)rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!