Cream Peas in a podFrom dmajor 6 years ago
- 1 package flaky biscuits(10 count) shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper shopping list
- 2 cans tiny or petite green peas shopping list
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled shopping list
- 2/3 stick plus 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or half and half shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- green onions, thinly sliced (green part only)*optional shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375.
- spray muffin tin with baking spray.
- Form 1 biscuit in bottom of each muffin cup and press firmly on bottom and up sides.
- Melt 2 tablespoon butter in microwave safe bowl for 20 seconds or until melted.
- Stir in garlic, parsley, cracked pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Brush dough of each muffin with butter mixture.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Saute onion in 2/3 stick butter until tender.
- Add peas and bacon and cook on med. low heat for 2 to 3 minutes..
- Whisk together the flour and cream.
- Stir flour mixture into peas.
- Lower heat to low/medium, cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in cheese.
- Season peas with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove muffins from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Gently remove cups from muffing tin and place on serving plate or platter.
- Divide peas evenly and spoon into cups.
- Place on serving platter.
- Place 2 slices of the green onion on top of each, in a criss cross pattern.
The Cookdmajor Slidell, LA
The Rating4 people
This sounds great! What a nice idea. I must try this at the next family event. Thanks you for the great post!tuilelaith in Columbia loved it
I have fresh peas in my garden I will use this tonight.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Yes! this sounds wonderful. What a great post, can hardly wait to make these, I know they will be a hit. You have my 5 also.henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!