Summer squash and polenta bakeFrom lincolntoot 5 years ago
- 3 carrots, sliced shopping list
- 1 large zucchini, sliced shopping list
- 1 large yellow squash, sliced shopping list
- 1 red onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce shopping list
- 4 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 pinch garlic salt shopping list
- ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 (18 ounce) package prepared polenta shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Saute carrots, zucchini, squash, onion and bell pepper in a large saucepan with a small amount of olive oil.
- Season with garlic salt and pepper.
- Saute vegetables for approximately 5 minutes and pour in spaghetti sauce.
- Stir, cover and simmer until vegetables are slightly tender.
- Slice polenta into 1/2 inch circles and season with garlic salt and pepper.
- Heat enough oil in a medium skillet so as to completely cover the entire bottom of the pan.
- Pan fry seasoned polenta in hot oil, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from oil and layer the slices in a large casserole dish. Spoon the vegetable mixture over the polenta and then sprinkle with Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake casserole for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cooklincolntoot Freehold, NJ
The Rating7 people
wow tastey love Squash thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Hey there... you're casserole recipe looks very similar to mine, except mine doesn't have polenta in it. I'll have to try the plenta addition and see how it tastes. Great idea.lor in Toronto loved it
This looks amazing Sue. Can't wait to try it.blondeberry in Charleston loved it