Two - Nut BaklavaFrom jo_jo_ba 7 years ago
- ---Syrup--- shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1/4 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 1/3 cup honey shopping list
- 1/2 tsp rosewater shopping list
- *** shopping list
- ---Pastry--- shopping list
- 1 lb finely chopped, peeled hazelnuts shopping list
- 1 lb finely chopped, blanched almonds shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs phyllo pastry sheets, thawed shopping list
- 1 lb butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Combine sugar, water, lemon juice and honey in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and cook 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in rosewater.
- Cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 300F, grease a half sheet pan (18 x 12").
- Combine nuts, spices and sugar.
- Layer 8 sheets of phyllo pastry in the pan, brushing in between each layer with butter.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 the nut mixture.
- Cover nuts with 3 buttered phyllo sheets, followed by another 1/4 of the nut mixture.
- Repeat until all the nuts are used.
- Top the final layer of nuts with 6 buttered phyllo sheets. Do not butter the topmost layer.
- Cut pastry (all the way through) into 54 squares.
- Bake 1 1/2 hours.
- Top hot pastry with the cooled honey syrup and allow to stand at room temperature until completely cooled.
- Store in the refrigerator or freeze.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating4 people
Good morning jo_jo_ba, This recipe has my heart,and you have my 5. Thank you for sharing. Have a wonderful day...Cherylcherylannxo in Santa Nella loved it
I have to agree with mom! Baklava is wonderful! Great recipe.morninlite in Kalamazoo loved it
Who could not love this?!?! I do hate walnuts! They made a great black dye if you like to do the natural thing however, the outer skin not the nut itself....tuilelaith in Columbia loved it