Blueberry Crumb CakeFrom fluffy24 6 years ago
- For the streusel: shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- For the cake: shopping list
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature (3/4 stick) shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest shopping list
- 2/3 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1 cup fresh blueberries shopping list
- confectioners' sugar for sprinkling shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 9-inch round baking pan.
- For the streusel:
- Combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl. Stir in the melted butter and then the flour. Mix well and set aside.
- For the cake:
- Cream the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on high speed for 4 to 5 minutes, until light. Reduce the speed to low and add the eggs 1 at a time, then add the vanilla, lemon zest, and sour cream. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture to the batter until just combined. Fold in the blueberries and stir with a spatula to be sure the batter is completely mixed.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and spread it out with a knife. With your fingers,
- crumble the topping evenly over the batter. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool completely and serve sprinkled with confectioners' sugar.
The Cookfluffy24 Cranston, RI
The Rating4 people
Blueberries will be in season soon here....can't wait to try it!!! Thanks!pat2me in Nashua loved it
thanks great recipemomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Bluberries are on sale at my supermarket so I'd better go get some and make this fabulous cake!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!