Creamy Noodle CasseroleFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 8 ounces dry noodles shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream shopping list
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups cottage cheese shopping list
- 4 green onions minced shopping list
- 2 celery stalks finely chopped and sauteed in butter shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dill weed shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme shopping list
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cook noodles in boiling water until just tender.
- Drain and toss with vegetable oil.
- Saute celery.
- Combine sour cream and flour in a large bowl mixing well.
- Stir in cottage cheese, celery, green onions and spices of your choice.
- Fold noodles into mixture until well combined.
- Lightly spray the inside of a 2-quart casserole dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Pour in noodle mixture then sprinkle top with cheese and cook at 350 for 35 minutes.
- Uncover and allow to cook 5 minutes longer. Remove from heat and let sit until bubbling subsides.