Cashew Cherry BiscottiFrom elle55 7 years ago
- 1 3/4 c all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 c butter, softened (1 stick) shopping list
- 1 c sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp almond extract shopping list
- 1 c chopped cashews shopping list
- 1 c dried cherries shopping list
- 1 1/2 c chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and almond extract; beat until well combined. Add the dry ingredients and blend until it produces a heavy, very sticky dough. Mix in cashews and cherries until just combined.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured counter and divide into two pieces. Flour hands generously and shape each piece of dough into a 12-inch log. Transfer the logs to one of the prepared baking sheets, leaving approx 3 inches between logs. Flatten each log until it is about 2 inches wide. Bake on the center rack of the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the logs just begin to brown.
- Cool on baking sheet placed on rack for 10 minutes. Reduce oven to 300F. Using a spatula, transfer each log to a cutting surface. Line the baking sheets with fresh parchment paper.
- With a serrated knife, cut the logs on the diagonal into 1-inch slices. Arrange the slices on their side on the two baking sheets, leaving a half inch between the slices. Bake for an additional 18 to 22 minutes, or until dry and lightly browned at the edges. Halfway through baking, switch the baking sheets between the upper and lower racks. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Makes 20 biscotti.
People Who Like This Dish 20
The Cookelle55 Pittsburg, KS
The Rating6 people
I will definitely be trying this one! I love biscotti! I hope I can figure out how to find these recipes I'm saving! LOL!
OMG!!! Extremely Good!!! This is an impressive biscotti!It is so delicious and so unique!I'm giving it 5 forks!Thanks for the great recipe!I hope you love my photo as much as I love your biscotti recipe!
Your very welcome! And you're right...I'm dunking them in my coffee right now and it is to die for!!!