Peas And DumplingsFrom dmajor 8 years ago
- Dumplings: shopping list
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons of salt shopping list
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk shopping list
- gravy shopping list
- 8 cups of good chicken stock shopping list
- 1 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 2 to 3 carrots, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter shopping list
- 1 can tiny or petite peas,drained shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced shopping list
- 1 cup diced baked ham(or you can substitute 6 slices bacon) shopping list
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon parsley shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning shopping list
How to make it
- Saute onions and celery in butter until tender.
- Add stock,carrots and potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Stir in ham and let cook 10 to 12 minutes.
- Reduce heat to a medium low simmer.
- For dumplings, combine the flour, baking powder, 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, and milk in a medium bowl.
- Stir well until smooth, then let the dough rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Roll the dough out onto a floured surface to about a 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut into 1 inch strips and let it dry for a few minutes.
- Slowly drop the dumplings a few at a time, into the boiling broth.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add sliced egg, peas, butter, heavy cream, poultry seasoning and salt and pepper. Continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes
The Cookdmajor Slidell, LA
- Not added to any groups yet!