Comfort Food For One PuddingFrom pink 6 years ago
- * 2-1/2 cups milk (the original recipe calls for whole milk but you can make it with any type of milk except skim) shopping list
- * 1/2 a vanilla pod, split down the middle (if you don't have a vanilla pod, then use 2 tsp. vanilla extract) shopping list
- * 3 tbsp. butter, divided shopping list
- * 1 tbsp. sugar shopping list
- * 4 tbsp. arborio rice (or any rice used for risotto) shopping list
- * an additional 2 tbsp. sugar or 2 tbsp. vanilla sugar if you have any on hand shopping list
- * 1/8 tsp. cardamom (optional, you can also add more if you like) shopping list
How to make it
- # n a pan, heat the milk. As the milk heats, scrape the seeds from the vanilla pod and add to the warming milk. If not using the vanilla pod, then add the 2 tsp. of vanilla extract to the warming milk and stir.
- # Just as the milk comes to the boil, turn off the heat.
- # In a large, wide saucepan, melt 2 tbsp. of the butter with 1 tbsp. of sugar. As soon as the butter is melted and bubbling, add the rice and stir for 1 minute.
- # Begin adding the milk to the rice, one ladle full at a time. Cook over medium-low heat, being careful not to scorch the rice. Stir constantly.
- # As the milk is absorbed, add another ladle full of milk and continue cooking the rice.
- # After about 20 minutes, taste the rice. If it's plump and soft, then you know it's cooked. If not, continue adding milk and cooking until the rice is done. If you need more milk, warm up some more.
- # Once the rice is cooked and the milk has been absorbed, take the rice pudding off the heat and add the remaining tablespoon of butter, either 2 tbsp. of sugar or vanilla sugar and the cardamom if using.
- Mix well to combine everything.
- Eat with a *smile*
The Cookpink USA
The Rating5 people
Terrific! :)noir in Boston loved it
Such a WOW recipe, this is great!smooch in America loved it
Tx for the great recipe... I am a single person and is always on the look out for interesting, tassty single portions... but I am sure this will be enough for 2 servings Lol...you get a high 5 from metinadc in Cape Town loved it