Fresh Peach And Oat MuffinsFrom girlieerin 6 years ago
- Fresh peach and Oat Muffins shopping list
- Originally published in Muffins and Other Morning Bakes by Linda Collister shopping list
- Makes 12 muffins shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups rolled oats shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/3 cup melted butter or vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- 12 oz. almost ripe peaches, rinsed, pitted, and flesh cut into large chunks shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Put the rolled oats and the buttermilk in a large bowl and let soak for 10 minutes. Add the lightly beaten egg, melted butter or vegetable oil, and sugar and mix well.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and spices onto the soaked oat mixture and stir briefly. Quickly fold in the chopped peaches. Do not beat or over mix; the batter should look slightly streaky. Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin pan, filling each cup about two-thirds full.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown and firm to the touch. Let cool in the pan for 1 minute, then turn out onto a wire rack. Eat warm, immediately or within 24 hours. When thoroughly cooled, the muffins can be wrapped then frozen for up to 1 month.
- View more of my cooking adventures at ErinCooks.com