One Dish Southwestern CasseroleFrom jencathen 8 years ago
- 10 corn tortillas shopping list
- 2 cans Mexican stewed tomatoes, Drained and broke up shopping list
- 1 can green chiles (optional) shopping list
- 1 cup corn shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 can black beans, drained shopping list
- 2 TBSP fresh cilantro, chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cumin shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 lb. cooked ground turkey, chicken, or beef shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix tomatoes, cooked ground meat, chiles, corn, onion, beans, cilantro, chili powder, cumin and pepper together.
- Pour a small amount of olive oil in the bottom of a 13 x 9 pan. Cover with 4-6 corn tortillas. Enough to completely line the bottom of the pan.
- Cut the remaining tortillas in strips. (My strips are about an inch thick)
- Pour tomato mixture on top of tortillas. Top with strips and cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookjencathen TX
The Rating3 people
Am I missing something? When and where did you put the meat? I'm thinking about using veggie "meat" in this dish.blondeberry in Charleston loved it
great recipe love this thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Thank you so much. Can't wait to make it and yes, I'll either use textured protein OR just play up the beans. Debbieblondeberry in Charleston loved it