Sticky Rice wpeanut sauceFrom berenzvideodotcom 7 years ago
How to make it
- First of all go to your oriental food market to find some glutinous rice. Not shot grained or any other kind of rice....glutinous
- Put as much rice as you want to make in water and soak for 90 min or longer. The older the rice, the longer the soak. ( I also rinse my rice, any rice. Just till the water is no longer milky) You must do this step. (The soak not the rinse, but do rinse)
- To make the rice, after soaking put it in a bamboo steamer (or other kind of steamer) lined with wax paper or the like, so the rice doesn't fall through the cracks, or put it in a cheese cloth before putting it in the steamer and steam for about 20 min. or till the rice is soft. It will be very shiny. Put in a container so it doesn't dry out to quickly.
- Sauce: Mix the peanut butter, ( I like organic) coconut milk, and sweet chili sauce in a pan and simmer it. Play with the amount till you get it the way you like it.
- This is the easiest sauce. There are many variations with additional i
- When serving use your fingers to ball up a little rice and dip.
- You can use any oriental type of sauces to dip in.
- This stuff is worse than potato chips. You can't stop eating it.
The Cookberenzvideodotcom Milwaukee, WI
The Rating4 people
This sounds really tasty.jencathen in loved it
This sounds sooo good. I really must try it! Thank you for the post.grandmommy in Nashville loved it
Hey Peter! I love sticky rice and I have that very brand of rice in my casa....always keep it on hand. You're right...this stuff is sooo addictive. Better make extra...hon. Hugs, Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!