Sticky Rice wpeanut sauceFrom berenzvideodotcom 6 years ago
How to make it
- First of all go to your oriental food market to find some glutinous rice. Not shot grained or any other kind of rice....glutinous
- Put as much rice as you want to make in water and soak for 90 min or longer. The older the rice, the longer the soak. ( I also rinse my rice, any rice. Just till the water is no longer milky) You must do this step. (The soak not the rinse, but do rinse)
- To make the rice, after soaking put it in a bamboo steamer (or other kind of steamer) lined with wax paper or the like, so the rice doesn't fall through the cracks, or put it in a cheese cloth before putting it in the steamer and steam for about 20 min. or till the rice is soft. It will be very shiny. Put in a container so it doesn't dry out to quickly.
- Sauce: Mix the peanut butter, ( I like organic) coconut milk, and sweet chili sauce in a pan and simmer it. Play with the amount till you get it the way you like it.
- This is the easiest sauce. There are many variations with additional i
- When serving use your fingers to ball up a little rice and dip.
- You can use any oriental type of sauces to dip in.
- This stuff is worse than potato chips. You can't stop eating it.
The Cookberenzvideodotcom Milwaukee, WI
The Rating4 people
Hey Peter! I love sticky rice and I have that very brand of rice in my casa....always keep it on hand. You're right...this stuff is sooo addictive. Better make extra...hon. Hugs, Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
This sounds sooo good. I really must try it! Thank you for the post.grandmommy in Nashville loved it
This sounds really tasty.jencathen in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!