Mexican RiceFrom missdrea 8 years ago
- 1 c frozen peas shopping list
- 2 Tb canola oil shopping list
- 2 c uncooked rice shopping list
- 1/2 large chopped onion shopping list
- 1 jalapeno, chopped and seeded shopping list
- 4 c hot chicken broth shopping list
- 1(14 oz) can crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 4 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 2 tsp cumin shopping list
- 4 cloves minced garlic shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- juice of 1/2 a lime shopping list
How to make it
- Run frozen peas under warm running water.
- Hear oil over medium heat.
- Add rice and onion and cook, while stirring, until rice is golden (about 6 minutes).
- Add jalapenos, broth, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, garlic, bay leaf, and thawed peas.
- Bring to a boil
- Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook 20 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Sprinkle with lime juice.
- Fluff with a fork
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookmissdrea Milwaukee, WI
The Rating7 people
Sounds great! Thanks :)donman in Hammond loved it
I made this tonight! We give it an A+! I halved the recipe but did everything exactly as written. This will be my new go to mexican rice recipe instead of the package rice. Thanks Missdrea!cmnjersey in Edgewater Park loved it
This sounds very tasty! I'll have to try it! Thanks CMN for showing this in the 'I Made It' group!lilliancooks in Long Island loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!