Potato DoughnutsFrom blueeyes68ky 5 years ago
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 pack dry yeast shopping list
- 1/2 cup water 105 to 115 degrees shopping list
- 1 cup cooked unseasoned potatoes mashed shopping list
- 2/3 cup shorteing shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- about 7 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 16 oz package powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 teasspoon vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Scald milk and cool to lukewarm 105 to 115 degrees.
- Disolve yeast in warm water stir in scalded milk.
- Combine next five ingredients beat well stir in yeast mixture.
- Gradually add enough flour to make a moderate soft dough.
- Roll out dough on floured surface to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut with a flowered doughnut cutter.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Let rise in a warm place 85 degrees free from drafts 1 hour or until double in size.
- Heat 2 to 3 inches of oil to 375 degrees.
- Drop in 3 or 4 doughnuts at a time cook on each side about 1 minute or until golden turning only once.
- Combine powdered sugar 1/2 cup water and vanilla stir and drizzle over doughnuts.
- Yields about 4 dozen.
The Cookblueeyes68ky Owenton, KY
The Rating7 people
Gotta try these!cleardayz in Brighton loved it
When I was but a wee lass in Ireland, my Mum made doughnuts as a treat from time-to-time and her recipe called for mashed potatoes. They were and are delicious and a must try.mishi in loved it
Yum....they smell so good too!!jett2whit in Union City loved it