Grits Casserole By Shaw House Bed And BreakfastFrom gillysirl 6 years ago
How to make it
- Add 1 cup raw grits to 4 cups of boiling water, 1 tsp salt and 1 stick butter and let simmer for 15-20 minutes. (you are going to want to cool the grits down so after cooking pour them into your 13x9 casserole dish and prepare rest.)
- Cook 1lb sausage (I like Jimmy Deans Hot) and drain.
- Beat 4 eggs with 1 cup of milk then add Jiffy mix and stir then add sausage and stir.
- Pour this over the grits in the casserole dish and stir it all together then top with the cheese.
- Bake at 325 for 30 minutes.
- The family flipped over this but decided that it would be extremely good as a side dish to some pancakes or waffles. Something sweet to balance it all out.
The Cookgillysirl Greer, SC
The Rating10 people
sounds good Sandra, hope you are feeling great!magali777 in Mexico loved it
Sounds wonderful! I love everything in it!grandmacooks in Somewhere In loved it
This is a Fabulous recipe! I look forward to
trying it out on my 16 year old Grandson, as
a "Welcome Home' meal, just as soon
as he returns from his trip to Ireland!
Thank-you for sharing a "5" FORK!!!!! recipe...
moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it