My Favorite Guiness Ice CreamFrom noir 4 years ago
- * Guinness draught beer, about 1 1/2 CANS shopping list
- * heavy whipping cream, 2 cups shopping list
- * milk, about 1 cup shopping list
- * sugar, 1 cup shopping list
- * egg yolks, 3 shopping list
- *2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons full molasses or aged balsamic vinegar shopping list
- * Splash of lemon juice (for pears or apples) optional if adding into recipe shopping list
How to make it
- Pour the Guinness into a pan (oh, feel free to drink the remaining beer while cooking. Like I had to tell you that...).
- Boil it down to about 1 1/2 cups, then set on low heat to simmer.
- Mix the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl, stir in milk, then warm Guinness concentrate.
- Add in cream and molasses.
- Chill in the frig for about an hour before you put it in your ice cream maker. The fold in fruit as an option.
- Once complete, pour into a new glass or plastic bowl, cover and place in the freezer to further solidify.
- All should take about 4 hours...Enjoy!
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating9 people
You got my 5 for your creativity. I can totally see the malty taste of Guinness working wonders with the molasses.elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Wow! This sounds fabulous! I make a porter float with chocolate ice cream, but just imagine how great it would be with Guinness ice cream!waterlily in Joplin loved it
Totally like this one! 5!shuga in United States loved it