Orange Super Sponge Cake RingFrom magali777 5 years ago
- FOR THE cake shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 6 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel shopping list
- 1/2 fresh orange juice shopping list
- 6 egg whites shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 1/2 cup of sugar (for the egg whites) shopping list
- powdered sugar frosting shopping list
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- evaporated milk shopping list
- 4 Tbsp. slivered almonds shopping list
How to make it
- FOR THE CAKE
- Beat egg yolks with sugar, add orange peel and little by little the orange juice.
- Gradually add the flour.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg whites, the cream of tartar and little by little the rest of the sugar(1/2 cup).
- Fold the egg white mix with the egg yolk mixture.
- Pour into greased and floured ring pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50 min. aprox.
- FOR THE FROSTING
- In mixing bowl stir together powdered sugar, vanilla and add enough evaporated milk to make of drizzling consistency(about 2 Tbsp).
- Drizzle over the top of the cake.
- sprinkle almonds
People Who Like This Dish 7
- TatyanaBarlow Nowhere, Us
- ditty Brisbane, AU
- mumtazcatering Gauteng, ZA
- angieaugusta Adelaide, Australia
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- elgab89 Toronto, CA
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- grandmacooks Somewhere In , VA
- jeffsgirl Medford, OR
- cookiewoman Convoy, OH
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookmagali777 Mexico, MX
The Rating7 people
You know I have become a fan of your recipes? It looks so yummy.elgab89 in Toronto loved it
love ur cake.so nice...thxangieaugusta in Adelaide loved it
yummy............thanks for sharing GR STAR CAKE BAKER...............:]
Have a blessed day!!Magali
Mumtazmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it