Mexican creamy corn chowderFrom dmajor 6 years ago
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 ribs celery, chopped shopping list
- 6 slices of smoked bacon, diced shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow bell pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 3 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1 can (14 3/4 oz)cream corn shopping list
- 1 bag(16 oz.)frozen sweet corn shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt shopping list
- 1 cup half and half or heavy cream shopping list
- 1 jar Tostitos Monterey Jack Queso Dip shopping list
- sliced green onions for a garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Saute bell peppers, celery, and bacon in olive oil for 3 to 4 minutes over medium heat.
- Add potatoes and butter and continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock and frozen corn and bring to a boil.
- Lower to medium heat and let simmer 7 to 10 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Stir in cream corn,sugar, Tostito dip,and half and half,
- Continue to cook over low heat for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Season with garlic salt and cracked pepper
- Sprinkle with sliced green onions and serve with corn bread, tortilla chips, or your favorite rolls or French Bread
The Cookdmajor Slidell, LA
The Rating4 people
This is nothing like any corn chowder recipe I've ever seen. The Queso dip cinched the deal,and I can't wait to try it!
Bettyrecipesrule in Winnipeg loved it
Another good one...I love this!!! Thanks,Laralara38 in Gulf Coast loved it
Yum, yum, yum. This is fabulous. Love a good chowder and this one sounds fantastic. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!