Vanilla Protein CakeFrom elisabizter 6 years ago
- 1 1/4 Cups plain whey protein powder shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons Powdered egg whites (“Just Whites”- comes in a can in the baking isle) shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cups Splenda (or sugar substitute to equal 11/2 cups sugar) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder shopping list
- Dash of salt (approximately 1/8 teaspoon) shopping list
- 4 eggs - separated (will use both yolks & whites) shopping list
- Dash of cream of tarter (approximately 1/8 teaspoon) shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 Cup of water * shopping list
- 1/2 cup of melted butter shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Spray an 8" square glass baking pan with PAM.
- Beat egg whites with the cream of tarter until stiff. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg yolks, sour cream, water, melted butter, and vanilla. Mix well with an electric mixer.
- Add dry ingredients to the egg yolk mixture, half at a time, mixing well with the mixer. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula a couple of times during this mixing process.
- Fold in the beaten egg whites with a spatula, & pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and firm in the middle.
- *I like to substitute 1/4 cup of sugar-free DaVinci vanilla syrup for the 1/4 cup of water.