Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies With Lemon IcingFrom alliesev 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 large egg yolks shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind (about 2 lemons) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- ----ICING---- shopping list
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (1/2 lemon) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C).
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until smooth. Add egg yolks; then add vanilla and blend. Add rind, poppy seeds (optional), and sour cream.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to creamed mixture. (Dough will be sticky.)
- Scoop 2 level tablespoons of dough and roll to form each cookie. Drop onto ungreased cookie sheets, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake until cookies are lightly browned, about 18 minutes. Using a spatula, transfer cookies to a rack and let cool before icing.
- For icing: Place sugar in a bowl. Whisk in butter and lemon juice until smooth. Drizzle icing over tops of cooled cookies, and let icing harden before serving. Makes about 20 cookies.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookalliesev Wellington, NZ
The Rating6 people
Yum, these sound faublous and very different. I like the idea of the grapefruit peel. Great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
great cookie recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!