Colorful Wonderful Cilantro Bean DipFrom divaliscious 5 years ago
- 1 can black beans, rinsed super well and drained of liquid shopping list
- 1 can chick/garbanzo beans, rinsed well and drained of liquid shopping list
- 2-4 garlic cloves minced shopping list
- 1 medium red onion chopped shopping list
- 2-3 plum tomatoes diced shopping list
- juice of two limes, juice of an extra lime over just cut avocado shopping list
- 1/3 cup of minced fresh cilantro (or more!) shopping list
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar shopping list
- Couple of shakes of red chili flakes shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper shopping list
- 2-3 avocados sprinkled with lime or lemon juice and cut up. shopping list
- 1 large bowl shopping list
How to make it
- This bean dip is great to take to parties and for potlucks and summer BBQ's - its quite filling and so colorful, it pleases the eye and satisfies those tummies. And so no one will even care its super healthy. (I didn't!)
- I would also suggest to cut up avocados last and place on top of everything else then stir at last moment. It makes for a prettier arrival onto the table.
- If you want to make this last a bit, separate into two bowls, then only cut up avocado for the bowl you are about to serve, then toss.
- And lately, I have been omitting the avocado and even the tomato with excellent delicious results!
- About 5 cups are yielded with this recipe
- ****OK Here We Go****
- Take your strainer/colander and place into sink. Open up cans of beans and put into colander and rinse really well under running water. Let drain.
- Place rinsed beans into large bowl and stir.
- Add all other ingredients except for avocado.
- Stir up ingredients. Add more cilantro if you would like.
- Cut up avocado making it look pretty and place on top of stirred ingredients. Sprinkle additional lime juice on top of avocados to prevent browning.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Stir at last moment and serve with chips.
- Photo shown has missing avocado which I was about to put in.
- I also used this as filling for my quesadilla lunch today (recipe just posted)
- This would also be nice served over rice, cous cous or pasta for an extra nice cold salad making it a lovely cold meal during hot summer nights.
The Cookdivaliscious Dutchess County, NY
The Rating7 people
thank you for a great recipepeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
I love this salad.elgab89 in Toronto loved it
How gorgeous - I flagged you for beauty on this wonderful dessert, too. Can't wait to try this...mmm. Thanks so much, Leah! :)lunasea in Orlando loved it