Leahs Bean Dip QuesadillasFrom divaliscious 7 years ago
- 2 medium size flour tortillas per person shopping list
- 1 onion sliced shopping list
- 1 green pepper chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup "colorful wonderful cilantro bean dip" or less per quesadilla shopping list
- 1 ounce of Monterey Jalapeño cheese shredded shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- a little pat of butter shopping list
- skillet shopping list
- sour cream for dipping shopping list
- Freshly cut chives for serving. (See Photo) shopping list
How to make it
- You are going to caramelize the onions first then add cut peppers for only a short cooking time so that they stay crisp.
- You can use the same skillet to make and cook the quesadillas.
- You could also grill these or do them in the oven, or oven in your panini grill or waffle iron- which ever is easier for you.
- In skillet, add a little olive oil and add cut onions. Cook on medium heat and allow them to caramelize naturally and slowly.
- After about 5 minutes, add peppers and cook for additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove peppers and onions from skillet.
- One one side of quesadilla add half of shredded cheese, and pepper and onion mixture, then add bean dip, dash of salt and pepper and then lastly add a layer of cheese.
- Close up quesadilla with another flour tortilla. Press down
- Add a small pat of butter to hot skillet, carefully slide in quesadilla.
- Cook for 5 minutes or less until browned underneath, then flip and cook on the other side.
- Take out of skillet once done, cut up, add a dollop of sour cream if you wish and sprinkle some cut chives on top.
- Call troops to table and eat up! Enjoy!
The Cookdivaliscious Dutchess County, NY
The Rating4 people
This sure works for me!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Oh yes....I love these...they look and sound SO delicious, Leah. Thanks so much! :) Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
sounds great... thank you and a five in my book
peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!