Carne GuisadaFrom alexito 7 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 lbs pork, cubed shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- 3 bay leaves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme shopping list
- 2 medium jalapenos, chopped shopping list
- 1 cinnamon stick, 1 inch long shopping list
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 1/4 cup sour orange juice shopping list
- 1 small tomato, sliced shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, toasted shopping list
How to make it
- Saute pork in oil for 5 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, bay leaves, thyme, chiles, cinnamon stick, and nutmeg.
- Stir well.
- Add water and orange juice.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer.
- Meanwhile combine tomato, onion and garlic in blender and puree.
- Add pureed mixture to the pork mixture in pan and continue to simmer for 1 hour.
- Add crumbs to thicken broth and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookalexito Cambridge, CA
The Rating8 people
Saved it! I love all the spices you listed!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Very good!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Outstanding - I love the flavor components in your recipe. Thanks so much! :) Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it