Hamburger Steaks with Brown GravyFrom knoxcop 8 years ago
- STEAKS: shopping list
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef shopping list
- 1 sm. onion shopping list
- 1-2 tbsp. catsup or bbq sauce shopping list
- 2 slices toast or about 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 3 tsp. worcestershire sauce shopping list
- GRAVY: shopping list
- 3 tbsp. flour shopping list
- 2 c. water shopping list
- 2 tbsp. catsup or bbq sauce shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- FOR STEAKS:
- Soften toast with water.
- Mix with other ingredients.
- Add beef to mixture.
- Place in frying pan with 1 tablespoon
- cooking oil. Brown on both sides; remove from pan.
- Place in baking dish. Slice small onion thinly over meat.
- FOR GRAVY:
- Stir flour in pan meat was cooked in. Stir until brown.
- Add water, catsup or bbq, black pepper.
- When gravy thickens, pour over meat and onion.
- Cover with foil or lid and bake in oven for 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
- NOTE: This can also be cooked in the crock pot on low overnight.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookknoxcop Knoxville, TN
The Rating4 people
Love a good ole' Hamburger Steak! How you been? having a nice summer? Markymarky90 in Dearborn loved it
Hamburger steak with a twist. I like it.
Thanks, Donman :)donman in Hammond loved it
Oh, how did I miss this. YUMMY is right.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!