Old Fashioned Front Porch LemonadeFrom krumkake 5 years ago
How to make it
- To make the base, place sugar in a heatproof pitcher or bowl, and pour boiling water and lemon juice over it.
- Stir vigorously until sugar dissolves.
- Cover and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- To serve, add the ice cold water and lemon and orange slices.
- Pour lemonade over glasses filled with ice cubes.
- Makes about 7 cups of lemonade, enough to serve 6 to 8 people, depending on glass size and how much ice is in the glass.
- NOTE: for old-fashioned soda fountain-style lemonade, substitute well-chilled lemon-lime soda for the 4½ cups water when ready to serve (7-up, Sprite, etc – I’ve even used orange soda and that’s a good flavor, too...create your own flavor with fruit juices or other soda flavors in place of the ice cold water).
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating10 people
Sounds so refreshing, sure will be great for these hot summer days.taylorsue82 in Wapakoneta loved it
This sounds so good Krumkake. Thank you so much for posting.
Chichichihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
Love it, krum! :)bakermel in Topeka loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!