Carrot And Oatmeal Breakfast CookiesFrom earthwatersunwind 6 years ago
- Dry Ingredients: shopping list
- 5 oz (1 cup) whole wheat pastry flour shopping list
- 5 oz (1 cup) all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp table salt shopping list
- 2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp allspice shopping list
- fruit, Oat and Veggie Mixture: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrot*---(10 oz before peeling and trimming) use the finest holes on your box grater and pack them in shopping list
- 1 cup your choice very finely chopped dried fruit--we used cranberries and apples shopping list
- 1 cup rolled oats shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts--optional shopping list
- Wet ingredients: shopping list
- 3/4 cup packed golden brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Mix all dry ingredients together, set aside.
- Mix all fruit/veggie ingredients together, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about
- 5 minutes. Add eggs, scrape bowl well, and continue to beat until mixture
- is thick, ribbony and very pale, another 3-4 minutes. Add vanilla and applesauce.
- Turn mixer to low speed, and add Dry ingredients, mixing until just blended.
- Remove mixer or beaters, and stir in fruit and oat mixture by hand until well-incorporated.
- Chill one hour at least. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350.
- To form bars, lightly grease your hands with oil. (The kids can help out here! It's very sticky!)
- Shape gently into three inch by one inch logs. You can also drop them by spoonfuls to make cookies, but they'll cook faster.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until just starting to brown. Remove to cool on rack, and store at room temperature. Makes about 16 bars.
The Cookearthwatersunwind San Diego, CA
The Rating5 people
This sounds like something I should make for our trip.sday5 in Smalltown loved it
These sound wonderful!grandmacooks in Somewhere In loved it
Awesome! Going to try to keep these in for my daughter for when she's running out in a scurry for school.
High 5... beautiful too.
Debbie~ =)pinkpasta in Upstate loved it