Beef StroganoffFrom loxy 5 years ago
- 1 Tbl flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 lb. beef sirloin, cut in 1/4" wide strips shopping list
- 2 Tbl. butter shopping list
- 1 Cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1/4 C. choped onion shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, mined shopping list
- 1 Tbl. butter shopping list
- 2 Tbl. flour shopping list
- 1 Tbl. tomato paste shopping list
- 1 1/4 C. beef stock or 1 can beef consomme shopping list
- 1 C. dairy sour cram shopping list
- 2 Tbl sherry shopping list
How to make it
- Combine 1 Tbl flour and salt, dredge meat in mixture (that much flour doesn't go very far!)
- Heat skillet and add 2 Tbl butter.
- When melted, add beef and brown quickly, flipping meat to turn all sides.
- Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic.
- Cook 3 -4 min. until onion is barely tender.
- Remove from skillet.
- To the skillet add 2 Tbl butter to pan drippings.
- When melted blend in 2 T. flour.
- Add tomato paste.
- Now slowly pour in cold meat stock or consomme.
- Cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- REturn browned meat/mushrooms to skillet.
- Stire in sour cream and sherry, and heat briefly.
- Serve with wild rice or noodles.
- Hints: Can freeze and add the cream and sherry after it has been reheated and just before serving.
- Buy a can of tomato paste and put 1 T bl in plastic wrap to freeze.
- They are then ready each time you need them.
- This is the closest pic I could find.
The Cookloxy The World, KS
The Rating5 people
I love Beef Stroganoff, and I love the fact that you made it from scratch. Some people use mushroom soup - and that IS NOT Beef Stroganoff, this one is! You got my 5, of course!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
A girl after my own heart! Love this.morninlite in Kalamazoo loved it
I loooove Beef Stroganoff - thanks for sharing your recipe! :)lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!