Grilled Petite Lamb Chops With Salsa VerdeFrom luisascatering 6 years ago
- 3 packages of New Zealand lamb chops (Costco), excess fat trimmed, sliced into individual chops, seasoned with kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper shopping list
- Salsa Verde: shopping list
- 1 cup each tightly packed fresh basil, Italian parsley, and mint shopping list
- 2 cups extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- ½ cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- 4 extra virgin olive oil packed anchovies shopping list
- 1 tablespoon capers shopping list
- 2 medium garlic cloves shopping list
- Zest of one lemon shopping list
How to make it
- For salsa verde: Purée all ingredients until smooth, ideally with an immersion hand blender. Store in an airtight container untill ready to use.
- Place chops into large ziplock bags, pour in enough salsa verde to lightly coat the chops (reserve at least 1/2 a cup of salsa verde). Get as much air out of the bag, seal, and move chops around, rubbing the salsa verde into them. Marinate at least 4 hours or overnight (preferably)
- Add about 1/2 cup or so more extra virgin olive oil to leftover salsa verde. Let sit for an hour. With a fine mesh strainer , strain the salsa verde into a small bowl, leaving solids behind, creating an infused oil.
- Heat a charcoal grill and grill chops to desired doneness (about 8-10 minutes medium rare)
- Drizzle serving platter with salsa verde oil, fan 3 chops on plate. Suggested side: serve with roasted white asparagus topped with peppered fresh goat cheese, sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley to finish.
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating2 people
I have missed this one,too! Your recipes are amazing! Capers and anchovies salsa verde! Ab Fab! And I love the fact you served them with asparagus and goat cheese that are so mild in taste. I would love to try this. Saved it!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
I'm a sucker for this lamb recipe...it's got everything I need love and want with lamb! FABULOUS!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it