Lemon Crostada with Fresh Figs and Goat CheeseFrom luisascatering 5 years ago
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 lemon, zest freshly grated shopping list
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 4 ounces mild, fresh goat cheese (no rind) shopping list
- 10 ripe fresh figs (black mission figs prefered), stems snipped off with a scissors, figs cut in quarters shopping list
- 2 tablespoons orange blossom honey shopping list
How to make it
- Make the dough: Blend the flour, sugar, and lemon zest at low speed in a food processor. Add the butter and continue pulsing until the mixture is coarse and sandy-looking. Add the beaten egg and pulse just until the mixture comes together into a ball. Wrap with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a sheet pan (or round pizza pan) with parchment paper.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough out to a rough circle, about 8 inches in diameter. The dough may seem crumbly but you can just push it back together and make patches if necessary. Transfer to the prepared pan. All around the circle, fold in the outer 1/2-inch of the pastry to form a naturally raised, "rustic" edge to the tart. Don't press the edge down.
- Using your fingers, break the goat cheese into small pieces, sprinkling it over the bottom of the tart (not the edges). Arrange the figs in concentric circles over the goat cheese and drizzle the figs with the honey. Bake about 25 to 30 minutes, or until the underside of the tart crust is browned.
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating5 people
Very nice recipe. All fresh ingredients and I adore figs.elgab89 in Toronto loved it
My husband will love this. He is a huge fan of fresh figs and loves all of the other ingredients. Beautiful dessert. ~Linda
5 forkslinspj in New Hartford loved it
Perfect!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it