Peachy lemon muffinsFrom superjacque 7 years ago
- muffins: shopping list
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted) shopping list
- 1-2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest shopping list
- 2-4 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 8 oz. low-fat yogurt (lemon flavored works best but any will do) shopping list
- 2-3 large peaches (cut into chunks, skin on) shopping list
- glaze: shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 unsalted butter shopping list
How to make it
- preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- combine flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves with a wire wisk until completely combined.
- make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients.
- add the butter, zest, juice, eggs, vanilla, and yogurt and stir until just moist.
- gently fold in the chunky peaches.
- spray 12 muffin tins with cooking spray and fill each cup full to the top.
- bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown
- NOTE: my oven tends to run a little low on the temperature gage so i suggest checking the muffins after 15 minutes just to be on the safe side!
- combine butter and sugar in a small sauce pan over medium heat just until melted. while muffins are still piping hot brush glaze over each muffin top.
The Cooksuperjacque Portland, OR
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!