Grilled Black Mission Figs Wrapped In Prosciutto With Humboldt Fog Goat Cheese And Aged Balsamic VinegarFrom luisascatering 8 years ago
- 12 black Mission figs, halved lengthwise, fresh or dried shopping list
- 8 ounces Cypress Grove Humboldt Fog® shopping list
- 24 slices of prosciutto or Serrano ham, sliced very thin and wide, enough to wrap around the middle of each fig half shopping list
- 8 ounces aged balsamic vinegar, reduced to 4 ounces shopping list
- ¼ cup walnut halves, toasted shopping list
- 1/8 cup pomegranate seeds shopping list
- 2 cups assorted mixed baby lettuces shopping list
How to make it
- Simmer balsamic vinegar in a small sauce pan 5-7 minutes or until vinegar is reduced by half.
- Press a small quantity of goat cheese into the sliced side of the fig half. Wrap a very thin slice of ham around the middle of the fig so that the stem and lower portion of the fig so that the flat front is smooth for grilling.
- Heat a cast-iron grill on the stove or barbecue until very hot (I sometimes use my KRUPS panini machine). Brush the face of the fig slightly with olive oil. Lay the figs face down on the grill for 20 seconds, rotate 45 degrees and cook for 20 seconds more. Turn the figs over and cook until warmed, about 1 minute.
- Place baby lettuce in the center of an individual or large platter. Arrange figs around the lettuce, grilled side up. Drizzle balsamic vinegar reduction over figs and around plate. Finish presentation with a sprinkle of pomegranate seeds and toasted walnuts.
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating6 people
It looks so decadent! This one goes into my recipe collection.elgab89 in Toronto loved it
I LOVE Mission Figs! In fact I have some....
I do not have the cheese or the Prosciutto but
these are easily obtainable for me...so......
I think I shall try this "5"FORK!!!!! "Delight"
this week-end! Thank-you for ...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it
When I was is San Francisco I was treated to fresh ripe figs they were incredible.
This recipe is outstanding!
Triple High Five I love it all flagged as beyond beautiful too!
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Party Food316 members
Mediterannean Cuisine135 members
Appetizers And Dips269 members
101 A Cheese Place145 members
California Cooks31 members
The Gourmet Grill29 members
Gettin Figgy With It12 members
Goat Cheese Luvas21 members
Summertime And The Livins Easy18 members