Tarte au sucre - Sugar pie from QuebecFrom snowpea 8 years ago
- 1 pie crust, unbaked shopping list
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups packed brown sugar (or half brown sugar, half maple sugar if you have / can afford it) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups low fat evaporated milk shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or maple extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400F
- In a saucepan, combine flour and sugar and mix.
- Stir in milk slowly to avoid lumps, then add butter and salt.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla or maple extract.
- Pour into an unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 400F for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350F and continue baking for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool in a rack.
- Serve cooled in small wedges, with vanilla ice cream or lightly sweetened whipped cream if desired.