Blueberry-sour Cream Ice CreamFrom michellem 8 years ago
- 1 cup blueberries-fresh or frozen ( if frozen, thaw and drain) shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar, or more to taste shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- Grated zest and juice of 1/4 lemon ( or lime, as you prefer) ,or more juice to taste shopping list
- 3/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 3/4 cup sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Put the blueberries, sugar, salt, and lemon zest and juice in a medium nonreacitve sausepan and cook over medium heat, stirring. until the mixture boils and the berries pop and soften, about 3 minutes
- Turn the berries into a blender and whir until you have a fairly homogeneous puree, about 1 minute.( It will not be completley smooth, and that's just fine)
- Add the heavy cream and sour cream and pulse just to blend. Taste and, if you'd like, add a squirt more lemon or a tiny bit more sugar.
- Pour the custard into a bowl and refrigerate until it is chilled before churning it into ice cream.
- Scrape the chilled custard into the bowl of and ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer's instructions. Pack the ice cream into a container and freeze for at least 2 hours, until it is frim enough to scoop.
The Cookmichellem Idaho, ID
The Rating5 people
My girls and I will have to try this.
I have a brand new ice cream maker bought
for me in June of 2007 for my b'day. I'm
ashamed to admit this, but in a years time,
we haven't even used it a hand-full of times!
You have inspi...morepinkpasta in Upstate loved it
Wow this sounds Fantastic! I have never made Ice Cream with Sour Cream in it...The Sour Cream did not scare me off...it loured me in. Gr8t postturtle66 in Sacramento loved it
Saved...Great as always!!ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!