Zucchini Blossoms with RisottoFrom noir 6 years ago
- 1 cup Arborio or Vialone Nano shopping list
- 2 1/2 – 3 cups simmering vegetable broth shopping list
- 8 zucchini blossoms; Thinly sliced shopping list
- 3 TB freshly grated Asiago d’Allevo shopping list
- 1 shallot, minced shopping list
- 2 TB olive oil shopping list
- 3/4 cup sparkling Prosecco (warm) shopping list
- 3 TB unsalted butter shopping list
- salt and Fresh Ground green pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Gently Wash the blossoms, removing the stems and pistils, pat the blossoms dry and slice thinly.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat and sweat the shallot until it has becomes translucent, but not brown.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, until the grains have become translucent; about 4 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of the Prosecco and stir until absorbed
- Begin adding the broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until each addition is absorbed.
- When the rice is almost done stir in the zucchini blossoms.
- When rice is al dente, remove from heat, stir in Asiago and 3 TB butter.
- Cover and let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and stir in the remaining warm Prosecco.
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating8 people
This sounds amazing!smooch in America loved it
oh, so decadent! You got my 5!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
5 all the way!shuga in United States loved it