Lobsters Best BisqueFrom sas 7 years ago
- lobster Bisque shopping list
- 1 cup basmati rice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 6 shallots, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 tbs cup brandy shopping list
- 2 tbs Madeira shopping list
- 7 cups lobster stock ( I have a recipe and will add later) shopping list
- lobster meat from the lobster stock. Chopped finely 1 1/2 c. approx. shopping list
- 2 tablespoon softened, unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- Dash of hot pepper sauce (optional on top) shopping list
- Finely diced scallions(optional on top) shopping list
How to make it
- Make Lobster stock
- In a large saucepan bring 3 1/2 cups of the lobster stock to a boil; add to the rice. Cook 20 mins.
- Let rice cool slightly, then puree in a blender until very smooth.
- In the same saucepan, bring the remaining 3 1/2 cups of lobster stock to a boil. Stir in the pureed rice mixture and the cream, reduce the heat and simmer for a bout 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a heavy medium skillet. Add the shallots and saute for 2 minutes, add the lobster meat and saute for another minute. Add the brandy and Madeira and cook, tossing for another minute.
- To Serve: Ladle the Lobster Bisque into 6-8 soup plates and spoon a bit of the lobster meat with shallots onto each serving.
- Add the hot pepper sauce and scallions if you prefer.
- LUICASCATERING ASKED WHAT THE GARNISH IN THE MIDDLE IS: Can be Warmed or as the recipe suggests:
- 1 Saute onions, garlic and scallion in butter until soft.
- 2 Add crab meat or lobster and cook for 2 minutes.
- 3 Season to taste with salt & pepper. Chill
- 4 Season Avocado with salt, pepper and lime juice.
- 5 Mix all herbs with Sour cream.
- 6 Assemble Timbales by taking 4 pipe molds, (2 _ inch diameter by 3 inch high) lightly oiled, divide the avocado between the molds and press down.
- 7 Next add the crab meat or lobster and press down.
- 8 Then add the tomato and press down.
- 9 Finally top off with sour cream, filling the pipes and smoothing off the top. Chill for one hour
- 10 Blend all dressing ingredients.
- 11 Slide timbales onto four plates and drizzle dressing around
- 12 In this recipe it was set in the middle of the Bisque
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cooksas Farmington, CT
The Rating7 people
I've never seen a bisque with basmati, this sounds velvety, just like a bisque should be. Lobster, cream and alcohol? This has to be a five and I'm a fan!shepherdrescue in Lake Forest loved it
I've never seen rice in a bisque. Don't think I would like that.. Recipe sounds good otherwise. But, I am always looking to try something new. I;ll give it a whirl.fluffy24 in Cranston loved it
this sounds lovely. I bet jasmine rice would be nice too because it's so fragrant.
Would you please explain the garnish? It looks like avocado with lobster meat on the bottom layer?luisascatering in San Carlos loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!