Louisiana Crawfish BallsFrom hienz1 5 years ago
- 1/2 pound crawfish (shrimp, prawns OK) - cooked cleaned and finely chopped. shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lightly salted butter or margarine. shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley. shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions. shopping list
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour (white flour just doesn't do it for me). shopping list
- 2 egg whites (egg substitute NOT OK). shopping list
- 1/3 cup regular whole milk. shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt. shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (try "Footy's" chicken wing sauce). shopping list
- sunflower oil, for deep frying. shopping list
- bread crumbs, for coating outside of balls. shopping list
How to make it
- In medium saucepan, melt butter and add Parsley, Green Onions. Saute' for 1 minute.
- Blend in Flour.
- Stir in Milk, seasoning and Hot sauce.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens (reduces) and comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in Crawfish.
- Scoop up mixture using a tablespoon and form into balls. Mixture will be a gooey mess, so use both hands.
- Place balls on WAXPAPER.
- Beat egg whites until well mixed, DON'T beat them into Mayonaisse.
- Dip balls into bread crumbs, then into egg whites, then into bread crumbs again.
- Chill for 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Fill large saucepan or Deep Fryer to mid level with Sunflower oil and heat to 350 degrees. Test it by dropping a drop or 2 of water into hot oil.
- BE VERY CAREFUL.
- Fry a few balls at a time, until they are Golden Brown (approx. 2 or 3 minutes).
- Store cooked balls in paper towel covered bowl in cold oven while frying remaining balls.
The Cookhienz1 Miramar, FL
The Rating5 people
Wow, these sound fantastic! I love crawfish and can't wait to taste them. Thanks so much for your recipe - and welcome to Group Recipes! ~Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
This recipe is so good!
Thank-you for sharing another "5"FORK!!!!! Wonder!
My Family misses 'Crayfish'....because we live in Southern California...so I will just have to "make-do" with Shrimp....Yes...I know that I can have C...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it
G'Day. Love the ingredients. Will try with various centrepieces. Thanks for sharing !!!!!5
Nada :)nadaism in Toowoomba loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!