Pulled Bbq Chicken Sandwich Ala LeahFrom divaliscious 5 years ago
- Cooking time is mentioned if using to make your own BBQ sauce. shopping list
- ************** shopping list
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken or more pulled apart with hands per person shopping list
- 1 ounce or more of cheese of your choosing per person (I used fresh mozzarella for its oozing melting factor) shopping list
- Hearty slices of Italian bread toasted or rolls toasted slightly. (I used my honey lavender bread I had made and froze a few weeks ago.) shopping list
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
- ********* shopping list
- For a version of my Super Tangy BBQ Sauce yields 1-1/2 cup BBQ sauce: shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped fine shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves minced shopping list
- juice of 2 limes shopping list
- 3 tablespoons lite mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 tablespoons molasses shopping list
- 2 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 3 tablespoons spicy mustard shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 or 3 tablespoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 3/4 cup ketchup shopping list
- 1/4 cup water or vinegar (try apple cider vinegar) shopping list
- microwave or broiler to heat chicken through and to melt cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Shred chicken with fingers like you would if making pulled pork and place into bowl and set aside.
- If using pre-made BBQ sauce, add 2 tablespoons per 1/2 cup cooked shredded chicken to bowl.
- If making your own BBQ sauce or doing mine:
- Add olive oil to pan, add onions, let saute till yellow, then add garlic and allow to cook for one minute.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir till combined and let cook for 15 minutes on a low simmer or longer.
- Add a little of the BBQ sauce to chicken and stir so that each piece of chicken is coated - don't over do it, you will want to save sauce for dipping...as I did - lol
- Toast rolls or bread slices, then rub garlic on insides of bread for extra flavor.
- Assemble chicken onto one side of toasted roll/bread then add sliced cheese of your choice - great choices include cheddar, goat, gouda, swiss, etc.
- Place on safe broiling pan or microwavable plate and heat through till cheese has melted.
- If using the microwave, you will do better to heat at 50% power for a longer period, so that the cheese gets the chance to melt slowly versus just bubble down away from the chicken.
- Add additional sauce on top of melted cheese, add the top of the roll or slice of bread - and serve with your fave side.
- Recipe adapted from one I saw on foodnetwork last week.
- I served mine up last night with NotYourMommas Garlic Rosemary Oven FF's - oh yeah - and oh no, I did not tell my doctor!
The Cookdivaliscious Dutchess County, NY
The Rating6 people
looks yummy! Will try on a hot night!pleclare in Framingham loved it
Diva, you remind me of me many moons ago gf. Used to make my own bread (yes, me, now the no bake queen) and my own everything. Love it. Great recipe hon.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
love the bbq sauce, must make soon.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it