Bubble and SqueakFrom chiki_minki 6 years ago
- A heap of cold mashed potatoes shopping list
- Cold cooked green vegetables - sprouts and cabbage are most traditional but anything will do shopping list
- Fried onion shopping list
- Pretty much anything savoury you have that needs using up, meat juices from a roast shopping list
- Any seasoning you like shopping list
- beef dripping (the fat that drips from beef) - don't panic if you don't have any shopping list
How to make it
- Throw everything except the dripping into a bowl and mix together
- Heat the dripping or oil (not olive oil please!) in a frying (saute) pan
- Chuck the bubble in the pan and squish into a big pattie.
- This is where opinion divides, some people like to stir occasionally so the crusty bits from the bottom get mixed in, other prefer a good think crispy crust then turn over (flip onto a plate, then back in the pan) to get a crust on the other side
- If you are feeling posh, you can make individual bubbles using metal rings.
- Its cooked when its hot, bubbling and squeaking
- It may sound gross but this is proper old school food that has recently had the Ramsey relaunch, you might just like it!