Fantastic Fresh Cream of Mushroom SoupFrom blondeberry 6 years ago
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 2 Tbsp chopped onion shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 2 beef bouillon cubes shopping list
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp msg shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp pepper shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
How to make it
- Clean and slice the mushrooms.
- Heat the butter in a skillet and add the mushrooms with the onions.
- Cook over medium heat, stir frequently until mushrooms are tender and lightly browned.
- Cool and put into electric blender with the water, bouillon, flour, MSG, salt and pepper.
- Cover and blend until ingredients are blended but mushrooms are not too finely chopped.
- Pour into a saucepan and add the milk.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put into the blender container, the egg yolks.
- Cover and blend 1 or 2 seconds. Add 3 or 4 Tbsp. of hot soup gradually by Tbsp to egg yolk, covering and blending after each addition.
- Return to hot soup mixture and cook over low heat, stirring constantly 3 to 5 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookblondeberry Charleston, SC
The Rating4 people
Yummy!stacyann in Ridgeland loved it
So many recipes call for cream of mushroom soup and having a wheat allergy this recipe will be just as good using rice flour so all of you GF'ers give it a try! Thanks Deb!lincolntoot in Freehold loved it
Looks wonderful! Thanks~~~pleclare in Framingham loved it