Cauliflower DelightFrom dmajor 8 years ago
- 1 medium or large head of cauliflower, cleaned and broken into smaller, bite size pieces(florets) shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 1 cup sliced green onions shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup celery, chopped shopping list
- 1 can cream of celery soup shopping list
- 8 oz. sour cream shopping list
- 6 slices crisp cooked bacon, crumbled shopping list
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 soup can half and half or milk shopping list
- 2 cups medium white sauce, recipe follows shopping list
- Your choice: 2 cups crushed Ritz crackers or 2 cups garlic croutons, crushed( I like both equally, I have also used potato chips) shopping list
- Medium White sauce: shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- dash pepper shopping list
- 2 cups half and half or milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare casserole dish by spraying with baking nonstick spray or you can use butter and grease bottom and sides.
- Cook Florets by either boiling, steaming or cooking in a microwave oven on high power. (all methods work well!)
- Whatever method you choose, it will take you about 5 to 7minute to cook.
- Drain and place in casserole dish. (you do not have to cook until completely tender, but just about tender)
- In saucepan, saute onions, green onions, and celery in butter until tender.
- Stir in soup, sour cream and half and half.
- Make the medium white sauce: directions follow
- Add white sauce to saucepan with soup mixture.
- Season cauliflower with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over cauliflower.
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon and cheese over top
- Top with cracker or crouton crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- If you like, you can drizzle a little more butter on top of crumbs before baking.(don't do this if using potato chips)
- White sauce directions(makes about 2 cups of medium white sauce)
- Melt butter or margarine in saucepan over low heat.
- Blend in flour, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in half and half or milk a little at a time.
- Cook and stir over low heat until smooth and thickened.
The Cookdmajor Slidell, LA
The Rating7 people
I think i want to come eat at your house!!! This sounds so good, I love cauliflower!!lara38 in Gulf Coast loved it
Good afternoon Deb, This sound really good. You have my 5. Have a wonderful day...Cherylcherylannxo in Santa Nella loved it
Hey this looks great! Another great post - looks like a 5!lincolntoot in Freehold loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!