Vegan Italian Sausage PattiesFrom jo_jo_ba 8 years ago
- 2/3 cup boiling water shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup TVP granules shopping list
- 1 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, whole shopping list
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, bruised shopping list
- 4 whole cloves shopping list
- 2 tsp hummus shopping list
- 1 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground fennel seed shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed shopping list
- 2 tbsp cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- Combine water and salt, pour over TVP. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Combine red wine, whole garlic clove, rosemary and whole cloves in a small pot.
- Boil for 5-6 minutes, until slightly thickened. Strain and cool completely.
- Add hummus, pepper, fennel, crushed garlic, cornstarch and strained wine to the TVP, mixing well.
- Form 8 even patties, cover and chill 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425F, place patties on a lightly greased sheet.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, until hot and slightly crisp.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating4 people
I am going to try this shortly as my vegan relatives are visiting.. Did you see my post for the vegan sauasges to die for? They use wheat gluten ( and also fennel which ) is often sold in supermarkets near the bread machine flours or Bob's red mill....moremidgelet in Eastern loved it
I have afriend who eats this stuff etc and saved this as well as another vegan sausage made with wheat gluten someone else posted.Never heard of that either. i am learning!!herby in Albany loved it
Health Food Junkies423 members
On A Budget559 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Make Your Ingredients222 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables385 members
Good To Freeze129 members
Comfort Foods775 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Eat Light Healthy457 members