Peach cheese pieFrom ahmed1 7 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp castor sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 4 ½ cups flour shopping list
- Method: shopping list
- Cream butter and sugar together until smooth. Add eggs one at a time followed by flour. roll the dough into balls and wrap in a cling wrap. Leave to chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours before rolling in the tart pan. shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 2 (8 oz packages) cream cheese, softened shopping list
- ½ cup castor sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 tbsp flour shopping list
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon shopping list
- ½ cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 can peaches, drained shopping list
- egg yolk to glaze shopping list
- powder sugar for dusting shopping list
How to make it
- Roll out half of the dough to line a greased 22cm pie pan. Blind bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese until softened, add sugar and stir in the remaining ingredients except glaze and powder sugar. Arrange peaches in the prepared pastry crust and pour the cheese mixture over them. Roll out the remaining chilled pastry to top the pie, pinching the edges to seal. Make several holes on the top with a fork. Glaze with beaten egg yolk.
- If desired, make 8 rounded 2 inch circles with the rest of the dough using a cookie cutter and draw a line using a sharp knife to make the shape of a peach on each circle. Transfer to the top of the pie and glaze with egg yolks.
- Bake at 375F for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden. Dust with powder sugar when cooled.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating17 people
You do such a lovely job presenting your recipe with your photos. Thank you - these look wonderful!
.... Pass the coffee please...berry in Winter Park loved it
This sounds scrumptious... and the photos are great as always... wish we could copy them out with the recipe...peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Ahmed..just lovely..how would you recommend to do it if I wanted to use fresh peaches or blueberries?greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it