Peach Tart from Paula DeenFrom shirleyoma 5 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- Crust: shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sour cream shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- About 6 medium peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced shopping list
- 3 large egg yolks shopping list
- 3/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 1/2 cup peach preserves or jelly shopping list
- 1 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate shopping list
- mint, for garnish. shopping list
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees shopping list
How to make it
- To make the crust:
- Place the flour, butter, and sour cream in a food processor and pulse to
- combine. When the dough has formed a ball, pat with lightly floured hands into the bottom and sides of an ungreased 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom and 1/2-inch sides, or a round au gratin dish. Bake for about 15 minutes, until the crust is set but not browned. Let cool while preparing the filling.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- To make the filling:
- If using fresh peaches, peel and thickly slice the peaches. Arrange the
- fresh peach slices in overlapping circles on top of the crust, until it's completely covered. Overfill the crust, as peaches will shrink during cooking.
- Combine the egg yolks, sour cream, sugar, and flour and beat until smooth. Pour the mixture over the peaches. Place the tart pan on a baking sheet and bake for about 1 hour, until the custard sets and is pale golden in color. Cover with an aluminum foil tent if the crust gets too dark. Transfer the tart pan to a wire rack to cool. When cool, remove the side wall of the pan.
- To make the glaze:
- Combine the preserves or jelly and orange juice. Spread with a pastry brush over the top of the warm tart. Serve the tart warm, at room temperature, or chilled. Garnish with fresh mint.
The Cookshirleyoma Cove, OR
The Rating5 people
Oh Yeah this sounds like a big time winner with me going to make this this afternoon.
Queensilverqueen in Albany loved it
Yummy! A winner for surejett2whit in Union City loved it
yummy.....there is growling in my tummy......:]
Mumtazmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it