No Fail Mushroom RisottoFrom httpmom 6 years ago
- 4 C good chicken stock shopping list
- 1 T olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 C (1/2 stick) unsalted butter (used in different stages) shopping list
- 1/4 lb fresh wild mushrooms such as porcini or chanterelles wiped clean with a damp kitchen towel and sliced thin...I used baby portabella's in the picture. shopping list
- 1/3 C finely sweet onions shopping list
- 1 1/2 C arborio rice shopping list
- 1 1/2 oz finely grated parmigiano-Reggiano (3/4 cup) shopping list
- NOTE: IF using canned broth be careful not to add too much additional salt. shopping list
How to make it
- Bring stock to a simmer in a 4-quart pot and keep at a bare simmer, covered.
- Heat oil with 1 tablespoon butter in a 4- to 5-quart heavy saucepan over moderately high heat until foam subsides, then sauté mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until browned and any liquid they give off is evaporated, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then transfer to a bowl.
- Cook onions in 2 tablespoons butter in same saucepan over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add rice and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Ladle in 1 cup simmering stock and cook at a strong simmer, stirring, until absorbed. Continue simmering and adding stock, about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring very frequently and letting each addition be absorbed before adding next, until rice is just tender and creamy-looking, 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining tablespoon butter, sautéed mushrooms, cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. If desired, thin risotto with some of leftover stock.
The Cookhttpmom San Francisco Bay Area, CA
The Rating6 people
This sounds wonderful! Thanks so much for letting me know you posted it.
Have a great weekend,
Patpleclare in Framingham loved it
Your No Fail Mushroom Risotto will never fail to attract me I love risotto,I like the addition of the scallops too.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
I love mushrooms and rice - this is a forsure make tonight!!! thanksravenseyes in Belcamp loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!