Michaels fast easy yummy Caesar SaladFrom cajun_lover 8 years ago
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce shopping list
- about one-half cup croutons (we use Perfect croutons because they are :-)) shopping list
- about one-half cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 clove of garlic shopping list
- 1 large (AA) egg (raw or lightly poached) shopping list
- 1 generous tablespoon of worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 generous teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 generous teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 generous tablespoon of anchovie Paste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (I get 4 salads from 1 lemon) shopping list
- one-third cup olive oil (the taste will be somewhat dominated by the oil, so you might want to try a few until you find one you like. we use Bertoli's Classico) shopping list
How to make it
- We use a mini-cuisinart to mix up the salad dressing, but a regular cuisinart or equivalent should work just fine.
- Start preparing the dressing by adding the clove of garlic to the mini-cuisinart and running it to dice the garlic
- Add the egg, Worcestershire, Anchovie paste, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and oil. Don't run the mini-cuisinart just yet....wait until the last minute.
- Cut up the romain lettuce (yeah, I know they say to break it up with your hands, but this is a quick and easy recipe). One cooking instructor scolded us to always think of who will eat your food and cut it into bite size pieces, so that's what I do.
- Add as many croutons as you like.
- Run the mini-cuisinart just before you toss the salad (after the rest of your meal is basically prepared).
- Pour enough salad dressing onto lettuce to coat it, but not so much that it pools in the bottom of the bowl.
- Toss the lettuce/croutons to coat with dressing
- Add parmesan cheese, and retoss the salad. By separately tossing in the parmesan, it ends up coating the croutons and lettuce nicely.