CHURROSFrom chefwithtaste 7 years ago
How to make it
- In a medium sized saucepan, combine water, salt, sugar and butter and bring to a full boil over high heat.
- Add flour and remove pan from heat.
- Beat mixture with spoon until smooth and it comes away from the sides of the pan.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat well after adding each egg.
- Stir in lemon extract and cool for 15 minutes.
- Put half the dough in a large pastry bag with a large star tip.
- Heat oil in deep skillet or deep fryer to 400 degrees.
- Squeeze dough into oil until you have a ribbon about 7 to 9 inches long.
- Cut it off with a knife.
- Fry 2 to 3 ribbons at a time for 6 or 7 minutes each.
- When golden brown, remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and serve warm.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookchefwithtaste Lees Summit, MO
The Rating5 people
Looking at trying my hand at churros! This sounds like a recipe I can handle. Thanks!! 5^dancingfox in Butler loved it
Awesome, I love these!!!! Thanks for sharing! ~Laura ;Dlaurakaay in Oroville loved it
Yummy!! I also love churros but have never made these at home before. I can't wait to try!!
jett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!