CHURROSFrom chefwithtaste 8 years ago
How to make it
- In a medium sized saucepan, combine water, salt, sugar and butter and bring to a full boil over high heat.
- Add flour and remove pan from heat.
- Beat mixture with spoon until smooth and it comes away from the sides of the pan.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat well after adding each egg.
- Stir in lemon extract and cool for 15 minutes.
- Put half the dough in a large pastry bag with a large star tip.
- Heat oil in deep skillet or deep fryer to 400 degrees.
- Squeeze dough into oil until you have a ribbon about 7 to 9 inches long.
- Cut it off with a knife.
- Fry 2 to 3 ribbons at a time for 6 or 7 minutes each.
- When golden brown, remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and serve warm.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookchefwithtaste Lees Summit, MO
The Rating5 people
Churros are fantastic but never had homemade so I am looking forward to trying my hand at these babies!
BTW- did you recognize it as being "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" from the quote or from his photo? Just curious...greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Yummy!! I also love churros but have never made these at home before. I can't wait to try!!
jett2whit in Union City loved it
Awesome, I love these!!!! Thanks for sharing! ~Laura ;Dlaurakaay in Oroville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!