Summer Fruit CakeFrom luisascatering 5 years ago
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temp shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- scant 1 cup sugar; of this, put aside 2 tblsp shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- zest of one large lemon shopping list
- Summer Fruits: all kinds of berries, apricots, plums, peaches... whatever is in season and looks good basically! shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter a 9" springform cake pan and lightly dust with flour .
- In small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In large bowl, with a spatula, cream together the butter and all but 2 tblsp of the sugar. Add the egg, milk, lemon zest and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour mixture and mix with a spatula until smooth. Transfer batter to the pan. Cover the surface of the batter with the fruit, pressing the fruit slightly into the batter. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- (If using plums, mix the extra sugar with about 1/2 tsp cinnamon and toss the plums in the mixture, reserving a little to sprinkle on top. Also, a bit of lemon zest tossed with the plums gives the cake a nice zesty flavor.)
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350, then reduce to 325 and bake for another 50-60 minutes, until golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Cool in the pan for 15 min., then unmold and cool completely on a rack.
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating9 people
Oh, this looks DIVINE! Perfect light and fruity cake!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
How beautiful and versatile! I love desserts like this and they really hit the spot in the summer. Fresh fruit is the best - thanks for the great! :) Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
Beautiful.... I love the picture and recipe.... Thanks!!!! my hi 5 for you.berry in loved it