Cheese and Date BiscuitsFrom noir 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 pound sharp cheddar cheese, grated (about 2 cups packed) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1 8 ounce package of pitted whole dates/or coarse chopped if you prefer shopping list
How to make it
- Make Ahead:
- Make these the night before and place on cookie sheets covered in plastic wrap. Bake right before you are ready to serve them.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees (see make ahead note)
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and cheese in a bowl until it is well blended.
- Mix in flour, cayenne and salt. Add the milk; stir until a stiff dough forms.
- Wrap 1 level tablespoon of dough around each date, completely encasing the date and forming a cylinder. You can add more if using chopped dates.
- Place the biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake biscuits until light golden, about 15 minutes. Serve warm.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating13 people
Noir... You have always WONDERFUL RECIPES!!!! ( I did subscribe to you looong time ago)
so... as usual this is a winner one!
Thanks!berry in loved it
great tastey fantastic recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Wow, Noir - these look and sound wonderful! You get my 5. :)lunasea in Orlando loved it