Green Curry PasteFrom shine 5 years ago
- • 1 stalk lemongrass (for complete instructions, see below) shopping list
- • 2 Tbsp. corriander seeds, toasted and pounded with pestle & mortar (or ground in a coffee grinder) shopping list
- • 2 Tbsp. fish sauce (available at Asian grocers), or Vegetarian fish sauce (available at Vietnamese stores), OR soy sauce shopping list
- • 1 tsp. shrimp paste (if vegetarian, substitute one additional Tbsp. vegetarian fish sauce) shopping list
- • 1 tsp. palm sugar shopping list
- • 1-2 green chillies, seeded (or seeds left in if you like it very hot) shopping list
- • 3 cloves garlic shopping list
- • 1 thumb-size piece of galangal (or ginger), peeled and sliced shopping list
- • 3-4 kaffir lime leaves, fresh or frozen (look for these in the freezer at your Asian grocer) shopping list
- • 1 cup fresh coriander (cilantro), include both leaves and stems shopping list
- • 1 tsp. dark soy sauce shopping list
- • 1 cup Thai basil shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare the lemongrass: remove the tough outer leaves, cut off the bulb, thinly sliced the tender portions -- about two thirds of the stalk.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Process until a smooth paste is formed. If the mixture is too thick for the food processor, and a little bit of coconut milk.
- To use the paste, fry it with a little coconut oil until fragrant. Then add coconut milk plus your meat, seafood and/or vegetables.
- This can be stored in your refrigerator for up to two weeks.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookshine Rainier, WA
The Rating7 people
I love Thai curry! I have to admit I usually buy the store made sauce. Thank you for posting the recipe here, now I can make my own. Got my 5! P.S. Great tips on freezing the lemongrass and the galangal - didn't know that!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Oh yeah, I love to make my own curry paste as well. Luckily have every ingredient on your list, including Thai basil growing in my herb garden. Sounds delicious, Ray sweetie - can't wait to try your version. Hugs, Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
sounds good would use the soy sauce high 5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it